I was nominated for another fun Q&A style award by the absolutely lovely Lily, so please go check out her post first because her answers are very insightful and I’m really looking forward to answering the questions that she asked me.
So, before I get into the questions here are the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the eleven questions prompted by the person who nominated you
- Nominated eleven new bloggers to receive the award and write them eleven new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
Name the book(s) you have read the most often and give a short explanation why
Either The Hunger Games or Ruby Redfort.
Both of these are fairly easy reads and when I wasn’t reading loads of new books and wanted to read something I would turn to these. I used to read Ruby Redfort when I was sick so I guess it can be classed as a comfort book?
Basically, two series aimed for younger people than me that bring me joy and comfort.
So far, what was your favourite read of this year?
I said this a couple posts ago but The Ship of Shadows by Maria Kuzniar.
I have so much love for this book, and I saw that the author has just the season for book two and I am sooooo hyped for it.
Does the type of books you read change with the seasons?
No, although I am considering this because this autumn I am feeling more drawn to dark academia books or mystery books (they’re sneaky right?).
Why did you start writing and talking about books?
I have always loved reading and have always enjoyed talking about books with my friend so when looking for a creative outlet I thought that talking about books in the internet seemed like the best choice.
Which is your preferred place to talk/write about/show (pictures) books?
So while I love talking about books here I do love posting pictures on my bookstagram (linked below).
I don’t prefer one over the other because both have different attributes and disadvantages, so sorry Lily I can’t answer his one because I’m incredibly indecisive.
Have you loved reading form an early age?
As long as I can remember I have loved reading. I was one of the first in my class to start reading and have just always loved picking up a book and I’m sure that this will continue for years to come.
Did your preferred genre change over the years?
I have always loved fantasy because I love being transported to crazy words or an Earth where there is magic or mythical creatures.
I mean the first series that I adored where HP and Percy Jackson, so fantasy has always been my favourite genre.
Do you collect other bookish items?
I don’t currently but I want to.
Although I don’t use bookmarks, I fully destroy my books, I think that some are so pretty and would love to collect them.
What is your favourite film adaptation of a book/series?
I have two, both BBC and both books that I read for my GCSEs lol.
An Inspector Calls and Pride and Prejudice (1995).
I mean, the casts, the camera work, the accuracy…
Go watch them if you can!
Is there an author you would blindly buy all the books of?
Not yet, as I said two posts ago I think that I don’t priorities books becuase of authors.
The author can draw me in, but it’s the plot that keeps me interested.
How do you find time to read?
I have to schedule it in, usually only half an hour to an hour a day.
If it’s not in my bullet journal it’s not getting done.
- What is the most recent book that you added to your TBR?
- How do you add books to your TBR?
- What was your most recent 5 star read? And why was it 5 stars?
- Favourite TV series to binge and where can I find it?
- What book/series would you love to get an adaptation?
- Which adaptation do you hate the most?
- What is your most anticipated release of 2021?
- Favourite thing to snack on whilst reading?
- Who’s an author you haven’t read but would love to?
- What is your favourite thing about reading?
- Why did you start your blog?
If you want to contact me to request a review please email me at email@example.com or drop me a DM on instagram or twitter.