I have my first christmassy book tag for you guys today. What a treat!! So I first saw this on Stephen’s blog and was going to do it from there and then the lovely Fiona tagged me and so I have two wonderful bloggers to mention before I get into the questions today.
This will also be my last post before Christmas so to those of you lovelies that celebrate this holiday MERRY CHRISTMAS, I hope your day is filled with joy and of course presents. To those of you who don’t celebrate Christmas, I hope you are all taking a well deserved break nonetheless.
I will be back this time next week on my blog, with a blog tour post for an absolutely incredible book, but I will still be active on instagram and twitter so you guys can interact with me there if you wish (links below).
- Tag and link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another ten people
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it.
I have a couple of ARCs on NetGalley and some requested reviews that I still need to read, but I’m working on it. I have decided that until I get through my backlog of ARCs and some of my very long physical TBR that I won’t take on any more reviews (except for blog tours because they’re great fun and Dave over at The Write Reads is a legend).
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley
I think I have over 70% on NetGalley! I did make it to 100% at one point but then I got given some more ARCs sooooo….
3. Rated a book on goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did).
I am actually pretty good at keeping up with reviews on my blog but who knows how that will go as I consume books over Christmas.
4. Folded down the page of a book.
I dog ear my books so bad, which will offend some of you I know but for me it shows that a book has been loved.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book.
I do this very rarely but it has happened on a few occasions…
6. DNF a book this year.
I think I DNFed one book this year, I can’t remember what it was called but I’m pretty sure I got a little bit in and just decided that I didn’t like the book lol.
7. Bought a book purely because of the cover with no intention of reading it.
I always buy a book with the intention of reading it, it’s always a bonus when it has a pretty cover!
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework).
As lame as it is, I usually carve out time to read and just read then. It helps me read a little bit everyday and also not get distracted when I’m supposed to be working.
9. Skim read a book.
I don’t think I could skim read a book lol. I always have to pay attention to what Im reading because otherwise I forget what is going on.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal.
I actually made my goal this year! In fact I’m a bit over it now which is very exciting, most likely due to lockdown and having this blog.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it.
I have returned my university books to the library and haven’t borrowed any fiction books so that’s a solid no.
12. Broke a book buying ban.
Haven’t we all??
I broke it when I went to visit my best friend at Stirling and she took me to a second hand bookstore. But can you blame me, I found an original hardback cover of the Bone Season and just had to buy it. I also got a little mystery package, you probably saw on my instagram at the time but I though it was such an awesome idea that I just had to give it a try. I will definitely be going back soon to buy more books!
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forget what the book was about.
I think the longest I have had a review waiting is like a week, so that’s a no from me.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading.
I do annotate or highlight books as I read. I don’t usually write in them but I did when I read The Illiad over summer.
15. Finished a book and then not added it to your Goodreads.
Again, I am actually pretty good with updating goodreads.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend.
I haven’t borrowed any books form a friend this year.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book.
I don’t mind people borrowing my books but no one has asked me yet.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book.
I have broken the spine of my own books though …
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged.
I like to leave the dust jackets on because they are pretty
20. Sat on a book accidentally.
I don’t leave books where I can sit on them, but I’m sure that I will do this eventually.
As with my other tags this month, I am going to leave it open to whoever would like to do this. Please tag me though so I can see whether you are on the naughty or nice list.
I am currently not taking any review requests at the moment, but if you would like to contact me then you can do so at firstname.lastname@example.org